If you follow me on Snapchat, then you’ve probably seen that I’ve been making a bunch of healthy food lately! I’m on a health kick right now mostly because of stomach issues, but also because I just want to feel better and look better. Every summer, my mom always makes this delicious corn salsa/salad that’s so delicious, but she seems to change it up a little bit every time. Because I love it so much, I decided to make my favorite version and share the recipe with you guys! It’s so yummy and filling, but still light & refreshing for summer.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 3 or 4 ears of white corn on the cob (I used 3, but you could use 4 if you want the corn to be more prominent)
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 jumbo avocado
- 2 handfuls of cilantro
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- garlic pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Husk the corn, then lather some olive oil on it and grill them till they’re just a little crispy (like in the photo below).
- While the corn is on the grill, start dicing the other veggies (tomatoes, red onion, avocado, cucumbers) and toss them in a big salad bowl.
- Cut up the cilantro into little pieces. I used about 1/3 of a bundle, but you can use however much you want!
- Once the corn is nice and golden, cut it off the cob using a large, sharp knife. Make sure you cut it as close to the cob as you can! Once it’s all cut, toss into the bowl.
- Cut your lime in half and squeeze out as much juice as possible using a spoon, twisting it around over the bowl.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the contents in the bowl.
- Add some salt & garlic pepper for taste.
- Toss lightly & serve chilled.
You can also mix in some lettuce and chicken to make it more of a salad!