As most of you probably know, it’s important to switch up the shampoo & conditioner you use about every month or so. That being said, I’m always game to try out new brands! When usmooth reached out to have me try some of their products, I was excited to try a more luxury & high performance line of hair care, compared to the drugstore products I’ve been using lately.
I tried the Volume shampoo & conditioner because my hair is super thin and flat, so I’m always trying to find ways to give my hair a little lift. They also have Hydrate & Revive shampoo & conditioner, which I know I would benefit from as well!
My friends over at usmooth also sent over the 1.5″ Styling Iron and a Prime cream, which protects my already-damaged hair from heat damage. It also aids in aids in balancing porosity (size of pores), eliminating frizz, enhancing shine, fighting humidity, smoothing, and supporting your style.
As you can probably tell from the picture below, I did not use the styling iron to straighten my hair, but to wave it! I’ve tried so many times to use a straightener to curl my hair, but I have never seemed to be able to nail down the technique. After lots of trial and error, I decided to come up with another technique to make natural-looking relaxed beach waves, and this styling iron created the best waves ever!
This technique is SUPER simple, and literally anyone can do it. Here are the steps to get my waves:
- Start with clean & damp towel-dried hair and rub the Prime cream through the bottom 3/4 of your hair.
- Let your hair air dry the rest of the way.
- Set iron to around 420 degrees. This makes it easier to get more defined waves.
- Take about 1-1.5 inch sections of hair and clamp the straightener about 1 inch away from your roots. As you move it down your hair, move it back and forth, twisting the straightener up and down to create those bends.
- Continue this process on the rest of your hair.
- Finish with Flex Medium Spray to create touchable texture and volume and hold the loose waves throughout the rest of the day!
Hair Care Products:
Thank you to usmooth for sponsoring this post!